Working with News and Media Relations
The News and Media Relations team in the Office of Strategic Communications helps raise the national profile of UC Davis through media coverage. We showcase the vision and impact of the university’s diverse programs, research initiatives and faculty to state, regional, national and international audiences. We work closely with communicators across campus to maximize visibility for UC Davis.
News and Media Relations:
- Interacts with regional, state and national mainstream media, pitching story ideas to reporters, sending out media advisories and news releases, hosting media events, fielding incoming calls for experts, and managing campus issues and crisis communications.
- Coordinates with reporters and facilitates interviews.
- Invites the media to campuswide events.
- Publishes Dateline and UC Davis Magazine.
- Shares stories from colleges, schools and units on social media and other platforms.
Colleges, schools and units:
- Focus on specific audiences with interest in their units, such as faculty and staff, students, prospective students, parents, alumni, collaborators and industrial partners, donors, and “friends of the college.”
- Work with regional media to submit events to public calendars.
- Send information to trade and niche publications.
If you have questions, please contact the News and Media Relations team at 530-752-1930.
Dateline is the weekly electronic newsletter for faculty and staff at UC Davis. It is sent via email to all faculty and staff each Tuesday, and includes links to news, announcements, colloquia, events and more. Other updates are published to the UC Davis News & Information website between editions.
To submit an item for consideration in Dateline, email email@example.com. The deadline for consideration in a Tuesday newsletter is 10 a.m. on Thursday.
The sister publication at UC Davis Health is The Insider, accessible while connected to a UC Davis network or VPN.
About UC Davis Magazine
UC Davis Magazine presents news and feature articles about UC Davis designed to create an understanding of the diverse nature of the institution and its role in helping to solve the world’s greatest challenges. The magazine is published twice a year, in the spring and fall.
We are looking for:
- Timely, topical stories that appeal to general-interest readers
- Stories that authentically communicate UC Davis success and impact
- Good visual opportunities to include with the story
For information contact Jocelyn Anderson at 530-752-9607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.