Web Communications Application Resources
These web resources will help you:
- Align user needs and the look and feel of your website with the best practices of UC Davis as a whole
- Tell the UC Davis story
- Respond to your users’ priorities
- Develop a mobile-first approach
Where to start
Start with our best practices, and then check out the campus Content Management System (CMS) information:
- SiteFarm is the recommended tool for UC Davis web content management.
- WordPress for faculty websites gives faculty the ability to create and manage their website.
Using the campus CMS is an effective way to make your unit’s website look like part of UC Davis, and it gives your visitors a valuable frame of reference. Plus, your site won’t be left behind as campus standards evolve.
Web communications priorities: the four abilities
These are the top priorities of web communications. We strive to excel in these four areas.
Need more help with your digital media? Redesigning your website? Questions about information architecture or SEO? You have options:
- The Strategic Communications web and interactive communications team may also be available to consult on your project.
- Hire a campus vendor via departmental recharge.
- Choose from an approved external vendor.
The campus calendar
This is also the place to learn how the campus calendar service can help you manage and promote your department events, register event guests and track important dates and deadlines.