Skip to main content
Building Sustainable and High-Quality Websites
Consider website life cycles and sustainability
- Avoid creating new sites unless absolutely necessary. In most cases, you won’t need a new website. You can create a page or a section within an existing website. If needed you can use “vanity URLs” to make a domain name point to a webpage within another site.
- Consider the expected life and maintenance of your site, especially its mobile presence, before creating a site.
- Create a maintenance and life cycle plan for each site.
Other quality control considerations
- Make sure your site is compatible with all modern browsers as well as being readable and navigable — but not necessarily pretty — on somewhat older browsers.
- Avoid duplicate content, such as pages containing the same information.
- Validate your code.